Are you aware of the dangers you could be exposing your teeth to through your foods and drinks? There are many foods and beverages that can damage your teeth and cause the color of your smile to fade or turn yellow. In fact, many things can stain your teeth making you feel embarrassed about your smile.
Luckily, our dentist, Dr. Steven Thompson, is happy to help you with any teeth-whitening needs. That is why our team at Thompson Dental Care in Holley, New York, is so glad to provide you information on foods and drinks that can put a damper on your smile.
Here is a list of items that can be treacherous to your teeth and oral health:
– Coffee and tea: Coffee is acknowledged to stain your teeth because of the potency of the beans. Nevertheless, teas can also stain your teeth too. White tea can also generate yellowing effects causing your teeth to stain and discolor.
– White and red wine: Many people know red wine’s dark colors can stain your teeth. Nevertheless, the high acidities in both color wines can cause profound staining. White wine is advanced in the acidity ranking, which can cause more discoloration and damage to your teeth than red wine does.
– Sodas: Sodas are naturally high in sugar, which is known to hurt your teeth. However, the color dyes used to produce them mixed with their acid ranking causes severe damage to the health and hue of your teeth.
– Curry: A popular flavor or seasoning called curry is known to grip your teeth and create a yellowish tint that stains your teeth.
– Sodas and sports drinks: Sports drinks are very high in acidic ranking and comprises dyes that can darken and damage your teeth. Sugar-free sports drinks can cause your teeth to become discolored and tainted because of the high acids and dyes used in them.
If you would like to do something about your discolored teeth, then please call us today at 585-638-5435 to schedule an appointment with a friendly member of our team. We are always happy to assist you with your oral health concerns.